Aurora Home Health team is experienced in various areas and delivers high-quality personalized help to everyone who needs it. We also have deep expertise in caring for seniors with arthritis and clearly understand the foods patients with arthritis should not consume.
Arthritis is inflammation in a joint that causes pain or stiffness. The amount of inflammation is affected by many factors, including diet, activity level, hydration, illness, smoking, and alcohol intake. Eating the wrong food can worsen your arthritis symptoms. That’s why it’s important to understand what foods you should avoid preventing the situation from getting worse.
- Red meat intake with increased levels of inflammation, which may worsen swelling in the joints and arthritis symptoms.
- Full-fat dairy and products with added sugar may cause inflammatory reactions.
- Omega-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids, in excess, can worsen inflammation.
- High salt intake with greater inflammation and an increased risk for developing rheumatoid arthritis.
- Researches show that even a low to moderate intake of sweetened beverages promotes inflammation.
- Fried food is often associated with increased inflammation and increased arthritis symptoms.
- Added sugars don’t offer any nutritional value. Limit your added sugar intake to those 9 teaspoons per day.