After cardiac surgery, the patients’ rehabilitation requires special care and professional treatment, which people without special education and skills cannot provide. Taking care of such patients also requires a lot of time and energy, which can be difficult to handle for the patient’s relatives. In such situations, you can always rely on professional nursing care services devices by the Aurora Home Health team.
To take proper care of a senior who undergoes cardiac surgery, it’s important to take care of the following aspects:
- Clearly understanding the procedure of the surgery and its outcomes to be able to provide proper post-surgery treatment;
- Understanding and following special instructions, which are often based on the age and health of the senior patient;
- Know the symptoms to watch for – knowing what is appropriate will help you determine whether or not to seek medical intervention.
It is hard to watch someone you love suffer. That’s why relying on the help of professional caregivers lets you feel confident that your beloved person gets proper treatments and you may stay calm.
The Aurora Home Health staff delivers professional nursing care services to patients after cardiac surgery. We cover Plano and DFW area. Our services include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining airway patency;
- Monitoring vital signs;
- Record intake and output hourly;
- Assessing the patient’s hemodynamic and cardiac status;
- Performing peripheral and neurovascular assessments hourly for the first 8 hours.
Feel free to call us today at 866-934-7060.